Sunday, April 15, 2012

My Favorite Things

So I've been wanting to make this blog a little more intellectual than it has been, but before I dig into my thoughts on the poverty I'm surrounded by in Oakland, mentoring a group of at-risk 9th graders and the injustices they face, and various existential crises, this weekend has warranted another photo montage in tribute to more awesome Bay adventures.

This weekend included some of my favorite things...
Coming home to snail mail from Raymond, my favorite guy friend from freshman year at NU

Exorbitant amounts of sushi and sake with Muna, Leanna, & Kels

Taking over a Bart car and dancing the night away for Mayte's birthday at Era Art Bar

Hiking in Tilden behind the Berkeley hills in absolutely gorgeous weather - there were incredible views of the Bay after 2 miles of climbing to the top. We got a bit turned around which served as a good excuse for some trail running

Because of the crazy rain we had this week the mud was pretty intense at some parts (yes, this is an embarrassingly accurate portrayal of my slide/scramble) but there were enough beautiful wildflowers to make up for it (photo credit to K. Farbs)

Sat night Jules, Katie, Emily, & I put on our cowboy hats and headed south to Mt. View to see Zac Brown Band . They were awesome live and it was so much fun to be surrounded by so many country lovers (talk about hundreds of VERY attractive cowboys!)

We met up with Danny and a group of his college friends, one of whom was sporting a Captain America costume that was just too funny not to capture on film. We also were lucky enough to leave as proud owners of leftover lawnchairs.

Long calls with friends I haven't seen in years - missing you Leighann & Britta!

Have I mentioned that I love it here? I'm so thankful for the adventures that continue to unfold and to have met people excited to share them with me.

1 comments:

Kelsbee said...

Admirable, making your blog intellectual. I have no such plans. Cookies 4 life. I love that you took the lawn chairs. resourceful!

Post a Comment