Thursday, March 8, 2012

“Every note just wrapped around [her] soul… “

If it isn’t blatantly obvious by now, music is a big part of my life. Whether it’s motivating me to finish a workout, expressing my rollercoaster of emotions through lyrics, or fueling a dance-the-night-away evening, music is high on my list of cant-live-withouts.

This is probably an opportune time for me to let you know I’m in the market for a smokin’ hot, dreamy-voiced, guitar-strumming cowboy who will serenade me ‘til I’m gray. What can I say? A girl’s gotta have standards these days. Feel free to spread the word to your networks of country folk – other than being totally tone-deaf, I’m quite a catch.
Here are just a few of the songs that I’ve recently discovered, fell in love with, and, thus, are blasting on looped repeat through my speakers (much to the annoyance of my neighbors, I’m sure).

[.5] Feels So Right - Matt Wertz... His new album is incredible.
[1] A Woman Like You - Lee Brice... Love. Listen to the whole story and I guarantee you'll smile.
[2] Falling in Love With My Best Friend – Matt White... Super hokey video but the chorus is so darn catchy
[3] Even If It Breaks Your Heart – Eli Young Band... For when you need to be reminded to keep following your dreams. (Note: The drummer is an excellent example of that cowboy I asked you to keep your eye out for)
[4] Shadow Days – John Mayer... HE”S BACK! About time Johnny boy.
[5] Good Girl - Carrie Underwood... Angsty.
[6] Ghost - Ingrid Michaelson... A reminder of how it feels to get your heart broken. The video is a hauntingly beautiful piece of art.
For when you’re feeling sorry for yourself and need some hope/motivation to move forward
[7] Do It Now – Ingrid Michaelson... SHE”S BACK! Her voice is AHmazing.
[8] Little Light – Rachel Platten... Truth on those hard days.


And, of course, Some Nights - Fun for identity crises and being reminded of the Lion King.

Trust me, there’s a whole lot more where that came from and, as my music-loving friends know, one of my favorite pastimes is making CDs and sending them through the (snail) mail. So if you are ever in a music rut, you know who to call (hint: NOT Ghostbusters, but now that you've mentioned it.)

0 comments:

Post a Comment